AU Learning and Teaching Conference 2017
The AU Learning and Teaching Conference will be held on 10-12 July 2017 (please note date change). If you wish to present at the conference, please submit the proposal form to the no later than 21 April 2017.
Download the proposal form: /
The theme is Promoting Staff and Student Growth:
- Innovative assessment
- Providing feedback for learning
- Enriching learning through media
Some programme highlights are:
- 10th July
- Dr Rachael Knight, Associate Dean for Education Technology and Innovation & Associate Professor of Phonetics at City University of London, talking about interactive technology in teaching,
- Good Practice Fair – posters and other stands in the Llandinam Think Tank
- 11th July
- Dr Kevin Burden, Reader in Educational Technology University of Hull, talking about Mobile technology in learning -
- Professor John Robinson, PVC Learning and Teaching, University of York, talking about the York Pedagogy
- 12th July
- Dr Stephen Atherton, School of Education, Aberystwyth University, talking about the use of virtual reality headsets for learning and teaching
Staff and students are welcome to propose sessions on any topic relating to learning and teaching, particularly with technology. Even if your suggestion doesn't fit a particular strand, other topics are welcome, and we especially welcome non-traditional formats and student involvement, so please describe these fully in the abstract.
Standard presentation slots are 25 minutes, including Q&A. If you would like to propose a panel, workshop, or other format that requires a longer time, please tell us what you need. Another option is to request a stand in the Good Practice Fair, similar to a poster session but with some computer facilities available.
We aim to inform you about the outcome of your submission by 12 May 2017. If you have any questions, please contact the.
Please see highlights from the previous conference, together with lecture recordings and uploaded material available through the AberLearn Blackboardmodule.
With the help of our AberForward trainee, Phil Perry, we have now compiled all of the available Panopto recordings, presentations and posters from the AU Learning and Teaching Conference in July, and made them available in the Enhancing Learning and Teaching AberLearn Blackboard site. To access these resources, go the the module Enhancing Learning with Technology, click on Content and then the Learning and Teaching Conference July 2016 folder. Please have a look at these fantastic presentations. We hope they will inspire you to further enhance your own teaching. If you have any questions about the resources or how to implement these ideas into your own modules, please email.
Cathy Beckham has created a show reel of highlights from the conference.
- Appreciating Excellence – Discover Dream Design Deliver
- Celebrating the diversity of teaching excellence
- Inspiring Teaching: Sharing Teaching and Technology Tales
- Why should I change the way I teach? Enhancing student engagement and learning